Today, fellow artist, Kristel posted a delightful video entitled What is Art for?
The people from The Book of Life, have illustrated what it is all about.
I will try to distill the five points with my own art, but I recommend you watch the video, for a few minutes of humor and clarity.
1. Art Keeps us Hopeful – beauty gives us reason to be hopeful.
2. Art Makes Us Less Lonely – we all have pain and can share that knowledge with art.
3. Art Rebalances Us – we are counter balanced with what we need through art.
4. Art Helps us to Appreciate “Stuff” – glamor returns to its rightful place in art.
5. Art is Propaganda for What Really Matters – it energizes us for what matters most.
This video was so clear and helpful in presenting the values that all artists hope to share. So, if you ever wondered, “What is Art for?” tune in to the video.