When I write my blog I always post a photo of something I have been working on or a little reminder of something I have seen. Looking around the studio I am at a loss as to what I should show you, what illustrates the last month and a half?
This has been a recurring issue which is why I have not written lately.
I have never met Dianne in person, but I feel I know her though her beautiful photographs and reading the ins and outs of her creative days.
I have met Hannah. Her artwork goes straight to my soul. Often that is where we start our weekly phone calls, our artwork.
I can rely on these ladies.
Today Dianne wrote about her quest for simplicity and deliberate conscious living. Thank you Dianne for mentioning your deletion of certain organizations from your inbox.
The emails from groups and companies I don’t want in my life are enough to send my brain off the rails. The distraction is waiting for me daily. Gratefully I have never been a fan of web surfing or game playing.
There is too much waiting for me in the studio, something tangible. My often torturous Puritan work ethic requires I have something to show for my hours.
Actually, I have been busy.
- Writing and painting George Washington’s story in a new way for upper elementary readers.
- Looking for a publisher for the aforementioned George.
- Adding to my series of flying people.
- Moving artwork to Wild Oats and Billy Goats Gallery in Decatur, GA.
- Starting a part-time job for a life coach. (Naturalrhythms)
- Walking, doing yoga
- Meeting new people and developing wonderful friendships.
- Practicing portraits.
- Watering the tomatoes.
- Feeding the cats.
So I am going to make a promise to get my blog posts back on track. I want to be the blogger you can rely on for pithy phrases and artwork.